Adolescent Health Professionals Program
Many health professionals report having little time, training, tools, and treatment resources to have conversations with adolescents about their substance use. These online simulation training programs are designed to address these barriers.
Made possible by a grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, current and future adolescent health professionals can obtain access to two virtual simulations produced by NORC and Kognito. These simulations prepare health professionals to have vital conversations with adolescents about their substance use.
- Screen patients using evidence-based tools
- Conduct brief interventions using motivational interviewing
- Make collaborative action plans with patients
- Refer patients to treatment service and follow up on referrals
- free, unlimited access to Kognito’s SBI with Adolescents and/or SBI with Adolescents: Comorbid Substance Use and Mental Health simulations through August 15, 2022.
- a monthly newsletter and free access to materials and Adolescent SBIRT resources.
- a certificate of completion for both simulations at no cost.
- (for SBI with Adolescents only) 2.0 AMA CME; 2.0 ANCC CNE;1.5 NASW contact hours at no cost.
- Serve as a current adolescent health professional (e.g., nurse, social worker, case manager, psychologist, physician, allied health professional, medical assistant, school-based professional) OR a higher education student preparing to become a future adolescent health professional (e.g., bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral student)
- View the Technical Specifications to ensure your computer is compatible to run the Kognito simulation(s). Note that most all systems are compatible if you have a broadband internet connection and a compatible web browser.